Friday, August 10, 2012

Creating a Beautiful Life




Creating a beautiful life requires constant refining and re-defining what you want and no longer want in your life. 



From the "Law of Increase" perspective, we focus on what is going well, what we appreciate about our lives right now, in order to receive more good. However, sometimes we do need to let go of certain relationships, situations, or lifestyle habits that are no longer serving our highest good. Sometimes we think that we must tolerate certain things or people in our lives, because we have no choice. But we always have a choice to improve our lives. Sometimes it is limiting time we spend with people who are negative or that drag us down. Maybe we are on a healthy lifestyle journey, or giving up an addiction and being around others that are not on the same path is not working for us any longer.


Here is an exercise you can do as often as you like, I recommend refining and revising this list regularly.

Sit some place quiet with a pen and paper (or a journal) and think about aspects of your life that have a certain heaviness for you, or that have a sense of dread or anxiety attached to them. This can be people, circumstances, routines etc.

Here are some examples to get the thoughts flowing...some of these may fit for you.

Things I will no longer tolerate in my life:

-Negative people that drag me down
-Thinking negative thoughts
- Others crossing my boundaries
-Being around others that affect me in a negative way
-Gossip
- Abuse of any kind
-Rudeness or disrespect from others
-Unfulfilling relationships
-Being "guilt-ed" into doing things I do not want to do
....how many can you come up with?

After you have completed this 'consciousness cleansing' it is nice to end it on a positive note, reaffirming what we do want in our lives to replace these things that are not working for us any more.

To manifest these desires, focus must  on be placed on positive, uplifting thoughts, and always choose to focus on what you WANT more of in your life, not what you DO NOT want in your life...make sense?

Now, write another list titled "I now choose to"...

-See the beauty all around me
- be grateful and appreciate all the good I have in my life
-Speak my truth and not allow my fear of others reaction to keep from doing so.
-Give my best to all of my meaningful relationships
- Eat healthy foods more often
- Treat my body with respect
-Exercise regulary in ways I enjoy
-Love myself unconditionally
- Look for the bright side in any situation
-Think thoughts that make me feel good

How was that? Enlightening? Did you come up with any new awareness's or revelations? This simple exercise, if done regularly will help you get clear on the direction you are choosing to travel. Life is all about choices, and we have to choose based on what is best for us, and our growth process. Liberating isn't it?

~Leanne



















No comments:

Post a Comment