Saturday, June 28, 2014

What to do when nothing seems to be working



When I feel stuck, or find myself in a funky mood and have no idea why, I turn to my pen and paper every time. Writing always helps me process what's going on within, and I always feel more clarity when I am done. Free flow writing helps me clear the stagnant emotional energy I may be feeling.
 
(Free flow writing is simply just writing with no attention given to grammar, wording or neatness in your writing. I like to set a timer and commit to 10 minutes writing whatever comes into my consciousness. )

 There is an area in my life, that no matter what I do, little improvement is coming my way. It has been a cause of great 'stress' (when I am thinking stressful thoughts about it) and I have reached the place of pure surrender and letting go around this issue. I am trusting that I don't need to know the 'how' it's going to happen or the 'why' it is NOT happening how I want it to, I just need to flow and keep asking for Universal guidance. My mantra lately has been "show me what to do next", and I keep listening for the answers, and go where I am being guided.

I know I am doing all that I can, within my power, to change this situation, and realize I have to trust the process, and keep focusing on what I love, what I want, what makes my life meaningful, and what truly matters.

While I have set clear intentions for this area of my life to flourish (very soon!), I know there is no way to rush the process, and I have also realized, that just because things aren't going as I would like them to (on my time clock), doesn't mean I can't feel good and be happy in the meantime!
 
 
Photo: Letters to the Universe:

I am a writer at heart, and have been since my teens. Writing always helps me process what's going on within, and I always feel more clarity when I am done. Today I was inspired to write a letter to the Universe.

 There is an area in my life, that no matter what I seem to do, no improvement is coming my way. It is a cause of great 'stress' (when I am thinking stressful thoughts about it) and I am at a place of pure surrender and letting go around this issue. I am trusting that I don't need to know the 'how' or the 'why', I just need to flow and keep asking for guidance of what to do next. My mantra lately has been "show me what to do next", and I keep listening for the answers, and go where I am being guided.

  I feel I am doing all that I can, and I have to trust the process, and keep focusing on what I love, what makes my life meaningful, and what truly matters. 

While I intend for this area of my life to flourish (very soon!), I know there is no way to rush the process BUT just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean I can't feel good and be happy anyway!

So, I am writing my letter, going on about all of the things I am doing to improve my life, to grow, heal and expand. All the fears I have overcome, all the risks and chances I have taken, and asked WHY this area of my life hasn't changed when so many other areas are AMAZING!!

That is when it hit me. I started writing about all the wonderful things that have improved in all areas of my life in the past few months (and there are many!), and my 'letter of complaint' turned into a gratitude list. I was just going have a word with 'all that is', about why what I am doing is not working...and it turned into feeling full of gratitude and appreciation for how far I have come, and all of the beauty in my life, and all that I have to be grateful for!

So, I encourage you to write your "Letters to the Universe" whenever you are feeling discouraged (or grateful). Begin with asking for what you want, or venting your feelings, and once that feels clear, end it with "I am grateful for...." and write about that. It will leave you feeling renewed and grounded in the truth of what really matters in this life.
~Leanne~
www.soulworkcounselling.com
One morning, in my discomfort and frustration, feeling like all of my desires and efforts to manifest my dreams was not working, no matter how hard I tried,  I decided I would write an angry letter to the Universe.

 I was writing my letter, going on about all of the things I am doing to improve my life, to grow, heal and expand. All the fears I have overcome, all the risks and chances I have taken, and WHY this area of my life hasn't changed when so many other areas are amazing.

That is when it hit me. I started writing about all the most recent, wonderful things that have improved in all areas of my life in the past few months (and there are many!), and my 'letter of complaint' turned into a gratitude list. I was just going to let it out, and have a few choice words with 'all that is', about why what I am doing is not working...and it turned into feeling full of gratitude and appreciation for how far I have come, and all of the beauty in my life, and all that I have to be grateful for!
 
The biggest lessons I have learned about resisting what is:
 
1) I cannot force outcomes no matter how hard I try.
2) I can choose to be happy- even when things aren't going my way.
3) There is always something to appreciate and be grateful for.
4) What I focus on will be my experience and reality. If I focus on lack, I will feel that lack mentality and feel miserable. If I focus on gratitude and appreciation for what I have, I will feel abundant and prosperous, content and joyful.
5) When things are not going as I want them to, I choose to focus on what I want, where I intend to go, and find ways to make myself feel good in the meantime. My goal is to feel good as much as possible, no matter what is happening in my world. Mantra: "I want to feel good"
6) Arguing with reality is the surest way to suffering and unhappiness. Acceptance of what is leads to peace and a calm mind.

 So, I encourage you to write a "Letter to the Universe" whenever you are feeling discouraged. Begin with asking for what you want, or venting your feelings, and once that feels clear, end the letter with "In my life I am grateful for...." and write about that. It will leave you feeling renewed and grounded in the truth of what really matters in this life.
~Leanne~
www.soulworkcounselling.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment